Summer brings plenty of outdoor parties, and along with them, a whole host of summer-party stains. A quick reminder of what to do if disaster strikes.
If you're not comfortable trying these methods or notice that the colors are bleeding, send the rug for professional cleaning.
- The first rule in dealing with any carpet stain is always the same: STAY CALM. The worst thing you can do is panic and begin scrubbing. Scrubbing drives the stain deeper into the fibers and may even cause other colors to bleed.
- If the stain has dried, use a knife or fork to gently scrape off the top. Vacuum the loose debris.
- Add lukewarm water to the area, diluting the stain.
- Blot repeatedly with an absorbent cloth, preferably one that is white or light colored.
- Create a solution of mild soap and lukewarm water, flush the stain and blot again.
- If the stain is stubborn, you can add a few drops of white vinegar to a watery solution, flush the stained area and blot again.
- Rinse with cold water and blot again.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to enjoy your summer!
Floorplan CEO and Co-Founder. Designer. Storyteller. Entrepreneur.
Leave a comment